One of my favorite romantic comedies of all time is “The Holiday”. I’ve watched is so many times, and I just loooovvve it! Anyone else? One of my favorite lines in the movie is when Iris receives a corsage from Arthur Abbott (who is just the most charming character by the way), and she says “I like corny. I’m looking for corny in my life”.
I feel like that is the motto and description of my life lately. I like corny AND I am looking for corny in my life.
We’re just coming to the end of our May long weekend. The kids are asleep, my husband is winding down watching TV, Una asleep at our feet, and I’m writing. I am feeling recharged and inspired. In the most simple activities and simple days, the weekend was wonderful. We took a spontaneous day trip to the lake, spent time with friends and family, had our first fire of the season, went to the pool, worked on the yard, laughed hard and took lots of naps.
The things I want to remember from the weekend…
- My husband called me after work on Friday and said “Let’s go to the lake today” and we did; I love spontaneous adventures.
- Penelope and Oliver’s relationship is blooming, and they laugh and joke with each other in their little baby language all the time, and it warms my heart.
- I picked up some sticks at the lake for a future DIY I’m thinking of making, can’t wait to share.
- When the sprinkler is on, beautiful light reflects from the water drops.
- My pergola is magical in the summer, and I am dreaming of ideas of how I want to decorate it this year.
- I am almost 6 months postpartum, my body is different and not where I want it to be yet, but I feel so beautiful in my skin lately.
- My husband has the most beautiful blue eyes, and they stand out so much in the warm sunset light.
- I love nursing outdoors.
- My husband and I went out for date night. We watched a teenybopper movie unintentionally because it was the only one showing at 7:40pm, and that worked well to leave just after the kids’ bedtime.
- Oliver was spinning on his tummy and moved away from his toy. Penelope stopped doing what she was doing, got up, got a toy, and put it in front of him. Her heart is beautiful.
- Oliver went to the lake and pool for the first time, all within a couple of days.
I’m paying attention, and I’m looking for corny, and it’s so, so beautiful. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! xo