Happy new month! The year is going by so quickly, my little family of four feels like the normal I’ve had my entire life, and my little guy is already half way to a year. It’s moving faster than I can keep up with; so many firsts, so many moments, so many memories. We just got back from a short vacation we took to visit my husband’s family who live two provinces away. It was lovely to travel, I missed it and definitely want to do more of it this summer. We got to spend time with family and friends, time outside exploring. We laughed, we ate lots, we didn’t sleep much (sleep when travelling with young kids is always interesting, right mamas? ha!). We felt loved, and we’re back home with a happy and full heart.
In honor of the first of the month, a few firsts from this trip that I want to remember.
- First successful 14 hour road trip with 2 young kids #majorwin, haha!
- First time both my babies traveled on a plane.
- First time my little Oliver met two new provinces in Canada.
- The first trip with Penelope after potty training…and no regressions and very few accidents!
- Penelope slept on a floor bed for the first time this trip, and it was also the first time she got out of bed and tried to stall before bed time, ha!
- A lot of family meeting my Oliver for the first time, and he was such a flirt and stealing everyone’s hearts with his smile.
I am back home feeling super inspired, full of ideas, and with so many projects I want to complete and explore. It’s a happy, happy time!
Happy New Month! xo